Saturday, March 21, 2009

Quick Update...

So I thought I would do a quick pregnancy update. Last Monday I was told I have gestational diabetes. So they had me meet with a dietitian and gave me a monitor to prick my finger 4 times a day. So i did that for a week, went in and met with the dietitian again and found out my fasting blood sugar level is high. Which means its a hormonal thing. My blood sugar gets really low during the night so my body lets out its own sugar but to much. So they put me on this medicine i take once in the morning. Yesterday was the first day i took it. They told me they would give me a higher dosage and if my blood sugar gets to low to cut the pill in half. So yesterday i tool it and my blood sugar level got to 72 and stayed there no matter how much sugar i ate. It made me feel VERY shaky and light headed. It really actually scared me. Today i cut the pill in half and i haven't had to many problems, so far. Anyways, other news they did another ultrasound on March 9th. They wanted to make sure the placenta moved since it was partial privea, which it did so i don't have to have a csection for sure. Still no BOY for sure. He is breached and facing in. So his lil bum is below my pelvic bone so he couldn't see anything. The doctor said there is still plenty of time for him to turn but if he doesn't he will try to move him by pushing on my stomach. If he wont turn then i will need a csection. I have another appointment on Monday so hopefully everything going great. I will keep you informed as i know more.

0 comments: